Calling all young storytellers, share your tales with us and have a chance to win £2,500 and see your words published.
Inspiring, encouraging and acknowledging the creativity of young people is a common goal for IGGY and Litro Magazine. Therefore we have come together to once again run the Litro & IGGY International Young Person’s Short Story Award open to all young people from around the world aged 11-19.
This year we're looking for short stories with an international theme.
In addition to a cash prize of £2,500 the winner will be published in the free short story and poetry magazine Litro and will see excerpts of their work displayed on a poster in a London Underground station.
Entries open: 7 March 2012
Closing date: 24 July 2012
Longlist announced: 5 September 2012
Shortlist announced: 14 September 2012
Winner announced: October 2012
- be no more than 3,000 words in length
- have an international theme
- be submitted by 24 July 2012
- submitted using the online form below
Please read the Terms and Conditions of Entry before submitting your work.
- The longlist of nominated writers will be announced on 5 September 2012
- A shortlist of six writers will be announced on 14 September 2012
- The winner will be announced at the Award Ceremony in London at the end of October 2012